Search This Blog

Monday, October 28, 2013

A Plan in The Works

So I'm a member of South Carolina Writer's Workshop, which is an organization for people who write. It meets monthly and we critique each other's work. There are different chapters throughout the state.

Today was the annual conference. Apparently, it's usually a 2.5 day affair at Myrtle Beach, but due to funds, this year it was 1 day symposium in Columbia. I think for my first time it was more than enough, I think 2.5 days would have been an overwhelming amount of information.

So. You may be wondering what this has to do with Olivia. Well, I'm going to write a book- memoir style (sorta)- about my adventures with the little monster. So basically my blog posts but longer and with other stuff in between.

This is something I've wanted to work on since I read the book You Tell Your Dog First by Alison Pace. She wrote a memoir in which the memories and essays she chose were all centered around dogs and usually, more specifically, her dog Carly. I thought it was really well done and not one of those books about someone's pet that makes you cringe.

Anyways, hopefully I'll have something in book form to share with all of you in the coming future! I mean, who wouldn't want to read something that starred this adorable girl?




1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! I'd love to read a book about her!

    ReplyDelete