Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Field Trip!

So I was inspired by my fellow pet bloggers in the Blog Paws community to take Olivia on a field trip to our local park. All the other pet bloggers seem to take their dogs on outings and hikes and Olivia stays home and plays in the yard or goes to puppy class at Petsmart. So I planned yesterday to take her for a walk this morning before it got too hot (you know how those smushy faces get HOT).

here we are!


We actually saw one of the pet parents from Olivia's class (without her dog, a beautiful female Standard Poodle named Onyx) so that was fun to see a familiar face. I was really impressed with the park (I'd never been before), it was clean, there were poop bag dispensers and notices to clean up after your dogs, and even the water fountains had a dog height waterer (not that Olivia used it, I brought along her Popware for Pets collapsible bowl).

poop bags! get your poop bags!

dog height water fountain

We ended up walking two miles, good practice for the one mile SPCA fundraiser walk we're doing in about a week and a half. Olivia had so much fun smelling the new smells and seeing new sights. It was also really good real life experience for practicing her "Leave it!" and "Drop it!" commands. Also, I was proud of her for not mauling (with puppy kisses and toe nails) the little boy and his mom who asked if they could pet her. I swear, Olivia has never met a stranger! lol

Olivia took a break on a bench

i love her shadow, it's so cute :)

6 comments:

  1. What a fabulous field trip! I bet Olivia loved it!!! I am so stupid, I gave you my cat blog link on Twitter and I have a dog blog too. My dog's blog is www.dakotasden.net :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. don't worry! you actually gave me both links! I checked both out! And yeah, Olivia had a blast!

      Delete
  2. Oh what fun :) I don't take Shiner to the dog park, but she has a huge yard to play in. Olivia is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we have a big yard too, and it was just a regular park with a track, but I figured it'd be fun to take her out someplace new :) I'm still in the socialization phase of her education lol

      Delete
  3. That is absolutely exciting! I remember our first time to the dog park. So much fun. It sounds like your park is gorgeous and clean too - that is the best. I love being in places where the dog lovers are friendly and pick up after their dogs.

    Glad you had a great time. I hope to take our dogs on a hike before we lost the sun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah it was definitely a nice park! it is nice when ppl pick up after their dogs, then dogs would be allowed more places!

      Delete